I am a director at Family Law in Partnership. I previously worked in corporate law at a City firm before moving into family law. Building on this background, my practice involves advising the owners (or their partners) of successful businesses and property portfolios with assets both in the UK and abroad, often within complex corporate structures.
I am ranked as a Next Generation Partner by Legal 500 2023. I am also recommended for my family law expertise in The Legal 500 UK Directory 2022 and 2021 which comments: ‘I chose Charlotte from personal recommendations and was not disappointed” and “Charlotte gives great technical advice. We worked together on a very challenging matter which involved cross jurisdictional advice and action. Despite it being a very technically challenging matter, Charlotte always remained available to talk to the client and provided clear and pragmatic advice throughout with a reassuring manner for the client in what could otherwise have been an extremely stressful situation”.
My ‘diverse and international’ practice is noted in The Spear’s 500 Index which goes on to describe Charlotte as a solicitor who goes ‘out of her way to make what can be a painful process as stress free as possible.’ I am named as a Rising Star family lawyer for HNW and UHNW clients in the Spear’s 500 2021 Index.
A graduate of St John’s College, Cambridge, I have an MA in French and German.
My practice involves advising on a broad range of family matters including:
- financial issues arising from divorce or the separation of cohabiting couples, often involving foreign jurisdictions, dealing with valuations of businesses, pensions and investments, tax issues, and the treatment of trusts;
- variation of spousal maintenance orders;
- pre- and post-nuptial agreements;
- cohabitation agreements;
- financial claims by parents in relation to children;
- parenting issues involving child contact and residence; and
- relocation of children both within England & Wales and abroad.